Sunday, September 14, 2008

Out of my Sunday Morning in mid-September Mind

My thoughts on a Sunday morning in Michigan - - -

OK, it's been a while since I wrote anything contemporary, but there are a few things I must get off my chest:
Isn't it something how the supposed "bipartisan" media is just doing their best to clobber McCain and Palin, but yet those two are passing Obama by without the god-like accolades of the press. The media and celebrities hate it that the majority of middle America - who they feel they should control (look at the global warming farce) - do not listen to them.
Now, I'm not saying that McCain is necessarily my man of choice, but, at this time, I really like Palin. Will my opinions change in the coming weeks? One never knows. I will keep close tabs. I don't ever trust the press nor celebrities in their extremist liberal views. And I especially do not want who Europe or the middle east want me to vote for.
Nope. I may just end up voting against the two main parties by voting independent. But, for now, I do like Palin - oh, and McCain (as far as between him and Obama, for what it's worth).

Oh, and I also wanted to make this point as well: in an Obama ad it was stated that if McCain were elected, he would get rid of Rowe vs Wade. What? He can do that? When did the president get such power?
And as far as Palin being too religious because of the supposed Separation of Church and State myth, please read my blog (it would not fit on one line - sorry):

http://passionforthepast.blogspot.com/2007/11/
myth-of-separation-of-church-and-state.html

I would also like to point out the double standard the media has against Palin. Just this past week, Charles Gibson "interviewed" Palin, asking some pretty tough questions and did his best to make her look like she is not ready to be a vice president. But, when questioning Obama - the man who would be KING - the questions are, um...noticeably lighter.
See for yourself:

Obama interview:
How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?
How does it feel to “win”?
How does your family feel about your “winning” breaking a glass ceiling?
Who will be your VP?
Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?
Will you accept public finance?
What issues is your campaign about?
Will you visit Iraq?
Will you debate McCain at a town hall?
What did you think of your competitor’s [Clinton] speech?

Palin interview:
Do you have enough qualifications for the job you’re seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?
Aren’t you conceited to be seeking this high level job?
Questions about foreign policy
-territorial integrity of Georgia
-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO
-NATO treaty
-Iranian nuclear threat
-what to do if Israel attacks Iran
-Al Qaeda motivations
-the Bush Doctrine
-attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan
Is America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]

A little biased? You think?
Folks, this is media bias at its finest.

But, you know what? The media is hanging on by a thread. They are slitting their own throats and they are dying. They are looking for any news to sell, and what could be better news than for the first black man to get elected President of the United States? How many papers would they sell and how high will their TV ratings be as compared to if McCain won?
That's all they're looking for.
And speaking of a black man possibly becoming president (I'm on a role, so pardon me if my words get a bit jumbled), I have been called a racist against blacks if I don't vote for Obama.
Wow! Now we have to vote by race!
Well, it's working for the black American population, for, according to this blog
http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/
archives/2007/08/obama_and_the_black_vote.php


because of Obama, the black vote will be up at least 30%. I have also read (in various places) that it is suggested over 90% percent of the black population will vote for Obama (google it - there are too many links and sources to cite on this one). If this is the case, isn't the black population a bit, shall we say, racist?

OK, off of the two political parties and on to something that folks should also be aware of:
Did you know that California has banned the words "Bride and Groom" from its marriage licenses? It is now "Party one and Party two."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=74768

I don't think this is a good way for gays who want to marry and be like everyone else to get the average American to back them. By removing these two words, a tradition that goes back to the middle ages is being destroyed.

Oh, what a world in which we live.
Yup, "Passion for the Past" indeed.

No comments: